PDA

View Full Version : In the "For what it's worth dept. 07 W/DPF

DickWells
02-02-2009, 21:12
Have a guy here in the park who traded his 07 DM for an 08 last summer. Couldn't resolve problems he was having last winter, here in Brownsville. Kept getting SES lights, limp mode, loss of power, need to clean DPF, etc. All intermittent. Many dealers tried. No luck. The dealer he traded to, back home in S.D. couldn't resolve it either. The new owner had problems and traded it right back! The guy here in the park called back to the dealer today about another question with his new truck, and the dealer told him that they (apparently) got the old truck fixed. A service tech had added a new ground to the ECM, and voila, it has gone on to a new owner in Neb. and he's been happy for more than a month. Can't get any more detail than that, long distance, but the old owner says that he never had a week without a whole series of problems while he had it. The tech had fixed others using the same process. He seemed to know right where to go to find the bad ground and fix it.????? Wonder if GM knows this guy? Was it a common problem?
The new 09 or late 08 is working out nicely for our guy. Only complaint is that he's not getting quite the mileage that he got with his (OLD) 04. Oh, how we pay for that new car smell, huh?
DW:)

madmatt
02-03-2009, 18:03
Thanks for the heads up. I've not seen this problem but I'll be sure to remember this if I do.