PDA

View Full Version : fuel tank splashback

lucky larryl
02-03-2009, 20:48
my 2004 d/max will not fill unless you do so in like slow mold i'm a freezing here in kansas help please !!!!

DmaxMaverick
02-03-2009, 21:12
Welcome aboard!

www.transferflow.com . Look for the improved filler neck. It's expensive, but a 100% fix.

lucky larryl
02-05-2009, 21:25
thanks for the info i see that new filler neck is 200.00 no job right now i don't understand always filled fine untill 2 mo. ago now pouring out of a 5 gal. can makes it splash back out i was wondering maybe a vent hose or the like thanks larry

DmaxMaverick
02-06-2009, 00:06
It shouldn't be that bad. Check for a kink in the filler pipe or the vent. Check the pipe for obstructions, like paper wads, golf/rubber balls, bananas, etc. (you might have PO'd someone and didn't know it). Also, newer gas cans (in CA, anyway) have a "no spill" spout, which doesn't work for filling, or spilling. Funny thing is, it states right on the can label "not for filling motor vehicles".

The Transferflow upgrade was less than $80 when they first released it. Looks like greed is everywhere. $200 is crazy. Not much more than that will get a complete tank, and it comes with the filler. They're too proud of their stuff for my wallet. I'd fill up with a straw and teaspoon before I paid that.

JohnC
02-06-2009, 10:53
Is there an anti-siphon mechanism in there somewhere?

I can fill mine at the fastest rate most pumps deliver, probably 12 or so gallons per minute.

lucky larryl
02-11-2009, 10:02
I thank you guys for the threads I finally got a chance to work on my truck . I took the hose off the fill neck and the smaller plastic hose may have had a kink in it . I hope I'm on the mend ,thanks again larry