PDA

View Full Version : best chip

motown
02-05-2009, 20:46
just wondering I want to get one soon as i'm done with my pipes air intake and gages they all seem good and i'm sure they are but I tow heavy and I really want it to goooooooo!!

motown
02-05-2009, 20:55
sorry forgot to list afew things its a 95 l65 auto 2500 thanks:D

DickWells
02-05-2009, 21:30
I went beyond electronic to a mechanical pump a long time ago, but I had used a Banks chip which never gave me anything noticeable. From what I can tell, Kennedy's chip/programing is the way to go. Seems like I always heard that his tunes ran stronger and cleaner than the rest. He's the best to deal with, too. I bought a lot of stuff from him, back when I was towing with my Suburban. He even sent me a modified intake plenum when I put in my IC, and trusted me to send him my old core. Shouldn't have been surprised. He belongs to TDP, after all.
Dick Wells:)

DennisG01
02-06-2009, 06:32
I'll second the kind words above about John Kennedy. Heath is another option. Nothing bad to say about him, either. But I have Kennedy's ECM, IC, etc and will stick with him for other things in the future.

Robyn
02-06-2009, 07:47
Either Heath or a Kennedy chip would be a good choice.

The addition of a turbomaster if you go with the Heath is a great way to go as it eliminates the vacuum wategate issues that can pop up.

RC

Big Green
02-09-2009, 07:11
I love my Kennedy Chip in my '95.

DickWells
02-09-2009, 10:17
Turbo-wastegate-vacuum issue? Welllllll, at the risk of starting a whole new conversational can of worms, let me throw this into the mix.
Back about 01, I DISCONNECTED the wastegate vacuum solenoid, and never looked back. I had experienced a no boost situation (code 86?) and replaced the solenoid. Worked for about a month, then the same problem, same code. I put a little plastic barb nipple between the ends of the vacuum lines at the solenoid, and behold!, the problem went away and stayed away. Never even threw the code again. GMCTD told me why this worked, but I don't think that the info really "stuck". The fix was by mistake, of course, but it sure beat chasing that 5 volts?, or the ECM issue that I wasn't smart enough to solve, or equiped to tackle on the road in CA-OR at the time.
Why did/does it work? Don't know. Ask GMCTD. Hope he's still on TDP, I owe him big time for all the favors he's done me here! I sure admire/envy someone with his kind of recall!:)
Dick Wells:)

motown
02-10-2009, 20:00
kennedy it is thanks guys this site is a life saver might look in to mec. pump