PDA

View Full Version : Hello All, new member

BigBlockTank
02-06-2009, 20:25
Hello all, I'm new to the forum and diesel engines. I just bought a leftover 08 2500HD, crew cab, short bed, 2wd. This is my first diesel truck, so I'll be asking questions, if it's ok. I'm an old hot rod country boy from NC that retired from the USAF in Tucson, AZ.

I'm diggin this truck so far, man, it's got power out the ying yang.

Well, thanks for letting me be a part of your forum, oh, the bigblock part comes from my other ride. It's a 69 big block Corvette. For another day.

BBTank

BigBlockTank
02-07-2009, 22:26
OK, 24 hrs., and nobody can respond to my hello?? Do I want to be here? Are you Richard Craniums worth the trouble? WOW, what a great welcome. Are you alive??

Roachie
02-08-2009, 02:50
G'day there mate...... sorry you haven't been made welcome. I've only just joined here myself and have found that Robyn is a great assistance and I'm sure she'll be along shortly to say "Hi".

As you may have noticed, I'm from down-under (as you dudes refer to Australia). We have mainly Jap vehicles down here as well as the ones made here in this country (only sedans etc are made locally, no 4x4s). The main brands are Toyota and Nissan in the 4x4 arena.

I hope you will hang around...... it's bloody hot here and from what I've been reading it's damned cold over there in the states; so maybe it's too cold for your fellow countrymen/women to use the 'puter....;)

Cheers mate

Roachie

Robyn
02-08-2009, 07:25
Hmmm
Sorry We missed you. Welcome to TDP

I am on here usually 3-4 times a day, BUTTTTTTTTT must have stumbled past.

Not sure I qualify for the Richard part. :eek:

Thanks Roachie for picking up the slack. ;)

Missy Robyn

6.5 Detroit Diesel
02-08-2009, 14:23
Welcome. There I said it. :D

Any plans for the truck? Up here 2wd isn't that common really. ;)

Any pictures of it?

The one I really want to see is the 'vette! Original 427 tri? I have to see what the Blue Devil will be like, cause the 69 BB is still my favorite vette

BigBlockTank
02-08-2009, 16:38
Very first, Let me apologize for my remarks. I did not realize that this forum was so sparsely populated. That would explain why no one responded in 24 hours, there just isn't that many folks on here.
So, again, I apologize for my remarks, I kinda feel like a jacka$$ now.

Thanks for the welcomes sent out.

I do plan on installing a leveling kit for the front, and install some bigger tires and rims. I'm only going to go a bit bigger on the tires and rims. I'm really a lowering kinda person. I just got rid of my Suburban with 20's, lowered 2" and 3", big stereo that made some kids wonder why an old man would be "bumpin" so hard. What can I say? I love music and good looking rides.
I got this truck because you can't haul much in a Suburban but food and beer, oh yea, and a$$ too. I think any homeowner needs a truck to haul firewood, plywood, big screen TV's, you know important stuff!!http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/images/icons/icon10.gif

Thanks for welcomeing me to your forum.

BigBlockTank
02-08-2009, 16:48
Welcome. There I said it. :D

Any plans for the truck? Up here 2wd isn't that common really. ;)

Any pictures of it?

The one I really want to see is the 'vette! Original 427 tri? I have to see what the Blue Devil will be like, cause the 69 BB is still my favorite vette

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd312/bigblocktank/Corvette.jpg

It is unfortunately a 1971 454 from a Corvette 4 speed car. I don't know who put it in, but they did a good job, no real bubba work done. I'm just going thru it to update some of the older parts in it.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd312/bigblocktank/dragracesKaylaCorvettegraduationpar.jpg

Just one example from a year and a half ago.

rustyk
02-08-2009, 20:07
Welcome, BBT! For some reason your post didn't show up as new yesterday...anyway, our routine around here is to blame Missy Good Wench (Robyn) for everything that goes wrong (including work we do on our own things) :D

Unlike virtually every other TDP member, I don't own a Chebby truck; my AMG 6.5L TD shoves my motorhome around.

6.5 Detroit Diesel
02-09-2009, 00:40
Sweet. A dropped D/Max is something I think we need some more of. :D In my opinion, two wheel, drop it. 4 wheel, lift it.

Very nice that you have the car. Dream car someday.