PDA

View Full Version : Looking at 2006 any advice?

mattb5150
02-07-2009, 13:28
Hey guys,

Looking at a 2006 Dmax CC/SB with 33,500 miles. The bumper to bumper warranty runs out on 3/20 due to in service date of 3/20/2006. Considering buying extended warranty if I buy it. Currently have a 2003 XC/SB with 105,000 miles that's been mine for 2 years, previously had an 02 CC/LB so been on here for a while and know these trucks pretty well. Read topics pertaining to 2006's and saw leaky trans cooler lines issue which I would need to address in the next month if not already remedied, warranty history from dealer service dept. is clean. Any quirks I should look for other than normal stuff like steering shaft rattle and transfer case wear thru?

Matt

spongebob
02-07-2009, 19:05
love mine..
hate the tranny lines..
crawl under the right side and see if its wet..

Quack_Addict
02-08-2009, 22:22
The seats in my `06 CC/LB had an annoying creak on acceleration / deceleration events. Dealer tried a band-aid fix per a TSB using the furry part of Velcro on the seat pan but the noise came back. Second trip in they replaced some seat parts but I don't remember exactly what. No noise since.

My truck had the steering column rattle (I-shaft bearing). Third trip to the dealer for the same issue, the dealer finally got it right.

The brain-box for the windshield wipers fried (in a rain storm) when my truck only had about 5k miles on it.

Aside from that, nothing really stands out in my head for my `06.

FBJR
02-09-2009, 22:21
Got 35k on mine now. Been tuned between 60-100 since I got it and love it.

Holds all 5 of us easy and 20mpg is nice (if I keep the foot off).

No big ol trap on the exhaust either.

Only issue was a loose bolt on the pass door causing a "snap". Repaired under warranty in 15 minutes.

Only complaint is the small 26 gal tank.

FB