PDA

View Full Version : '95 Convenience center pinout

SmithvilleD
02-11-2009, 22:19
Does anyone have a pinout diagram for the "driver convenience center" '95 trucks? I need to ID pins for 12V Ign on & 12V constant.

I'm about ready to install my 18:1 engine. Just finished getting all the gauges in & doing the high idle mod & RJ's manual glowplug mod (many thanks to RJ & Jim for making all this info available).

Simply probing the pins (key off, then key on) with the batts in would quickly ID the right pins, but I won't get the inner fenders & batts in 'til after the engine's in for ease of access.

Still I'd like to wrap up the high idle +12V Ign on, and +12V always manual glowplugs power sources to finish those wiring projects first.

Did the typical 3 gauge A pillar pod. Then found a way to get the other 3 in the space below the HVAC controls where the OEM CD player or cubby were. Not perfect but still a bit cleaner looking than hanging below the dash which also keeps the mech oil pressure line better protected. I'll get some pics posted tomorrow.

When they first started providing nylon tubing instead of copper for mech gauges, the nylon's tendency to twist & kink drove me nuts. I now lay that line stretched out for few days to relax the twist; then slide it inside vacuum line. No more kinks in the tubing & adds a bit of protection to boot.

DmaxMaverick
02-11-2009, 23:18
Maybe this will help. I can't find the diagram, but this shows the circuit and wire color/size.

SmithvilleD
02-12-2009, 12:53
Thanks, this should help.

Are the power seats active regardless of Ign key status on the GM trucks?
Don't have pw seats on my truck.

DennisG01
02-12-2009, 13:08
Thanks, this should help.

Are the power seats active regardless of Ign key status on the GM trucks?
Don't have pw seats on my truck.

I wish they weren't. Whenever I'm leaning into the cab (standing outside with the door open), I often bump against the seat switches. All of a sudden I feel myself start to move - thinking my feet are sliding out from under me. It's like "Whoa - what's going on - why I am I moving?!" And then I remember... duh! I'm freakin' leaning on the seat switches. Wouldn't you know it, it get's me every gosh darn time!!! :rolleyes: