PDA

View Full Version : 6 gauge install

SmithvilleD
02-14-2009, 21:07
A few days ago I finished installation of 6 aftermarket gauges. Needed the (almost) obligatory pyrometer & boost gauges. Wanted oil temp, as well as mechanical coolant temp, oil pressure, & fuel pressure. The OEM coolant temp & oil pressure gauges are better than nothing but I want to keep an eye on these parameters a bit more precisely.

The common 3 gauge A-pillar pod for pyro, boost, & oil temp was an easy choice. But it took a while to figure out where to put 3 additional gauges. Guess it would have been easy enough to hang the old school gauge mount screwed to the bottom of the dash; however I really wanted to avoid having the oil pressure & coolant temp tubes exposed to passenger's feet.

Thought I'd share what I came up with. Used a common 3 gauge mount normally used to hang 'em off the dash. Took some modding of the dash bezel with 2" hole saw, files, etc., but I think it turned out OK. Certainly not show quality but looks a bit better integrated than if they just hung from the dash.