PDA

View Full Version : another gasser to diesel newb

foxygoliath
02-18-2009, 08:35
Hello everyone I am new to the board I have been lurking for a week now. I have been battling back and forth for a 2 years now on what to do with my 94 crew cab dually. I tried selling it and got the worst low ball offers, so being the idiot that i am. I rather sink more money into the truck than sell it for peanuts. I am a gm tech and have no idea on where to begin with cummins but from what I have seen on the board and in the field the 6.5 is too expensive to maintain and 6.6 is too sought after and expensive with nickel and dime parts. I want to make some decent power around 400horse 600ftlbs duramax numbers.The truck has a 12 inch whiplash lift kit 16x6.5 with 39.5 tire michelin xls and a tired 454. what cummins motor would be the least fabrication and good for a low budget build( I dont want to cut the frame). The truck is used for weekend atv transport and for sunday race track trips only, not a daily driver. I have no idea what my budget is at this point. As cheap as possible is most people's goal and so is mine. I dont know how much these engines go for so any help, links, flames anything will go a long way. Thanks for your help