PDA

View Full Version : gauges dead, no glow plug, I think

know nothing
01-22-2004, 17:46
I guess I need to see if my plugs working, but I can't hear the solenoid click so I assume ther're not. Everything else electically works, engine cranks, air blows, whatever; just no gauges or indicator light in dash panel and the gauge fuse is good. Anybody got a candle? It's dark in here.

gmctd
01-22-2004, 18:33
Best bet is do a "SEARCH" on that subject for much info on grounds, connections, switches, etc, inside the truck and in the engine bay.

Those type failures start when the weather gets cold and damp.

know nothing
01-23-2004, 05:24
Thanks, JD, I appreciate the support. Guess I'll have to do that "search"; and not on the computer.

gmctd
01-23-2004, 06:30
Go to the top of the page, hit the "SEARCH" button, list your subject, and all the info on this Forum will be at your disposal within about 10 seconds.
You might want to get a cup of coffee and a snack, first - lots of info here, just for the searching.

Try it - you'll like it. :cool:

portabull
01-23-2004, 07:37
i'm not sure about the other gauges, but the
tachometer and speedometer are affected by the
ignition switch. not where the key is inserted,
but down the steering column a few inches. best
of luck.
cliff

KallyI
01-27-2004, 19:06
I was at an "auto electric" shop today, to get my starter fixed again, for the 2nd time in a month, and the technician told me of some electrical faults that can plague the Chevy diesel. One is that the power to the relay/fuse box under the hood also feeds the fuse box that is accessible when the driver's door is open, can partially fail, usually causing the gauges/instrument panel lights to fail. Worth checking into??