PDA

View Full Version : hard to pinpoint electr problem

simon
02-26-2009, 10:24
I got trouble with my wife's 95 lately.

I thought it had a tired FSD last december[stalling issues and no start] swapped with a brandnew FSD that cleared problem for only 6 weeks. then same scenario. I checked the usual connections and wires + all grounds and fuses for loose or corrosion.Notting found that was out of order. Swapped FSD again for a known good one, again same scenario started last week.A few fishbites at first,then stalling a zillion times [only when warm]with immidiate restart most times to hard start or no start on occasion.I cant believe the FSD would be fried again.

Yesterday i checked for power at the fuel shutoff sol,thinking it might be getting tired. I could not hear or feel it click.power was OK, so i changed with a tested Fuel sol. I high idled truck for 1/2 hr and went for 50 click trip. No problem so far. Wife took off for work with it right after but it stalled again on the driveway.

This time i rechecked the whole system again with engine running, pulling and twisting wires, harnasses and plug ins.Banging steering collum[for Ignition switch issues]to try to make it stall. I could not.
I went for an other drive for an hr with no trouble.

Upon testing the old shutoff solenenoid it apears to be working just fine.

I have been checking FSD temp this winter,as the heatsink is back on the intake to eliminate harnass ext as culprit, and have never seen the FSD temp higher than 20 degree c at any time with engine running. after shutdown heat rise tops off at 41 c so overheated FSD is not the issue here

The fuel supply is 100% good[fuel gauge in the cab]

Any suggestions folks ?

Simon