PDA

View Full Version : Comments for Kennedy

mhagie
10-22-2003, 19:39
John, I have a new set of Kennedy Quick heat glow plugs (whch work excellent thank you)and while installing them I noticed something that started out bad but turned out great.
I have a new 6.2 Banks turbo on my 80 silverado
and during installation Banks requires that on right bank the spade connectors need bent 90* for clearance to manifold.
I tried to be careful but alas when bending one the spade conn fell off, causing the what the h@#l am I going to do now syndrome.
After close examination I realized that a 10/32 nut will thread on stud which I did, now I like that one far better than the cheap old spade conn on the rest of them.
Alls well that ends well :D :D
Wish they were all that way.

Jim P
10-25-2003, 09:03
mhagie,

I was wondering what brand the quick heat glow plugs are? I bought some vsp glow plugs on ebay but I don't think they are going to work as good as what people say the quick heats do.

mhagie
10-25-2003, 12:19
Jim, I have not a clue as who mfgr is all I know is they came from Kennedy and they seem to work quite well, will know more later as temps drop around here.
Jim Bigley did a article on them a while back and had nothing negative to say about them plus it appears the end wont swell up so you have difficulty removing them....sold me........Merle

Jim P
10-25-2003, 12:56
I was just curious as to whether the ones that I bought are the same as the quik heats. One of the spade terminals fell off of mine too.

catmandoo
10-25-2003, 13:08
don't ya just love getting to those 2 back ones on the right side.

mhagie
10-25-2003, 18:00
Jim,the quick heats are shaped different as the plug shaft steps down in diameter towards the end.

Catmando, the right side is definately a love hate relationship especialy w/the Banks down pipe hugging the manifold :mad: thats why they give you the insulation.

catmandoo
10-25-2003, 19:46
when it all comes down to it the 6.5 turbo isn't much better on the right side.

vernj4
10-25-2003, 20:13
Believe JK is selling the LDM glow plugs made by Lucas. Check out dipaco web site and compare the verbage smile.gif