PDA

View Full Version : BG Products?

Rabbler
03-02-2009, 20:27
Anyone had any experience with these cleaning products?

BG Products (http://www.bgprod.com/products/products.html)

I've never used any of them but have talked to a few guys that use them in their shops and speak highly of them.
Apparently their diesel injector flush and EGR cleaning service kits work fantastic.

Anyone?

More Power
03-03-2009, 23:53
Aside from what I hear in their ads on the radio, I don't know much about BG products.

Normally, as long as you're using quality fuel, oil and filters, and service the vehicle at the recommended intervals, there's not much need to invest in much beyond that. Although I do use a fuel treatment...

Jim

raunch
03-06-2009, 08:45
Had my TH400 and power steering pump flushed with the BG stuff. The shop owner (reputable and trustworthy) speaks very highly of it, especially for the more fussy, electronically controlled trannies and the powerstrokes power steering pump. He used it in his 4L80E and said it made a world of difference.

Rabbler
03-08-2009, 23:01
Normally, as long as you're using quality fuel, oil and filters, and service the vehicle at the recommended intervals, there's not much need to invest in much beyond that. Although I do use a fuel treatment...

Jim

That's just it. How do you know if you're using quality fuel?
While it think lubricating (crankcase) oils are improving fuel quality is decreasing (Diesel and Gas).
With all the injector and EGR problems of most of the late model Diesels maybe these services are going to be required.