PDA

View Full Version : What The Hell Next

Dek Hawkins
03-12-2009, 14:56
Hi Guys,
I am in England and in 2002 purchased a NEW Duramax Ext Cab HD.

I have gone through the Injector replacement and high pressure pipes costing 4500GBP,
then the track rod ends costing 250GBP
and now have had the NSBU switch replaced costing 580GBP.

Is there anything ELSE that is faulty on this damn vehicle?

I purchased American because all British trucks are rubbish, but it has been very unlucky for me. When she is OK she is AWSOME, but she has only covered 38,000 miles.

You guys over in US are more likely to know if there are any other faulty bits to replace, if there are can you give me some warning. I am very surprised GM have produced a truck with so many faulty items.
Dek - England.

madmatt
03-12-2009, 17:27
looks like you covered everything! any mods???

mattb5150
03-13-2009, 12:02
If its 4 wheel drive I'd look into getting the adapt-a-case wear thru preventer so the transfer case pump will not wear thru the rear case half. What are track rod ends?

Matt

Runaway_Dmax
03-15-2009, 07:24
If its 4 wheel drive I'd look into getting the adapt-a-case wear thru preventer so the transfer case pump will not wear thru the rear case half. What are track rod ends?

Matt

Think he means tie-rods.

Injectors will continue to plaque you in the future. But I would agree you have the normal known problems taken care of.

Dek Hawkins
03-17-2009, 01:04
looks like you covered everything! any mods???

No mechanical mods, plenty of lights, 2.5" lift, Snugfit canopy and 285-75 16" AT tyres.
Dek

Dek Hawkins
03-17-2009, 01:08

Matt

TRACK ROD ENDS at short arms with ball joints on steering, dont know what YOU guys call them, I think it may be down to the larger tyres I have on.
Dek

leolkfrm
03-18-2009, 05:38
GM extended the injector warranty on LB7 injectors. Have you written them with copies of the bills to see if they will give you at least part of the expense back? In the states if you paid to have it done they have been helping at least with some of it. Besides nothing ventured nothing gained

Dek Hawkins
03-23-2009, 14:49
GM extended the injector warranty on LB7 injectors. Have you written them with copies of the bills to see if they will give you at least part of the expense back? In the states if you paid to have it done they have been helping at least with some of it. Besides nothing ventured nothing gained

There is no way they will help us in GB. GM go mad if they know any trucks are exported, so we have to purchase without any Warranty. This is the risk we have to take to own a US Truck. Us stuff is usually VERY good, not in this case.

Dek

leolkfrm
03-24-2009, 06:01
There is no way they will help us in GB. GM go mad if they know any trucks are exported, so we have to purchase without any Warranty. This is the risk we have to take to own a US Truck. Us stuff is usually VERY good, not in this case.

Dek
Gm ships overseas all the time! at one time my GM engine plant shipped to GB! I think it is still worth a try

Dek Hawkins
03-27-2009, 15:11
I was told by guys who sold me Truck (In Holland) who purchased it from Canada, that if a dealer is found to be selling a Truck knowing it will be exported, they could lose their Dealership ????

I was always told never to divulge my VIN No. so it could not be traced.
Dek

leolkfrm
04-01-2009, 16:18
tell them you bought it used and shipped it over, how will they know?? maybe the dealers just didn't want to honor the warranty