PDA

View Full Version : PCM dead?

Kmehr
03-13-2009, 08:34
So ive been having the stalling problem lately and the other day she died for good. I really thought it was optical sensor but it turns out i keep blowing the PCM A fuse. I am also starting to get a knocking sound from around the turbo and you can hear it inside the cab from around the glove box where the PCM is..... any thoughts? PCM getting ready to kick the dust?

Kmehr
03-13-2009, 09:02
also, no codes at all are being thrown but the computer said the MIL light should be on if the engine is running? I have no idea what to do and hate to take it to the dealership cause personally don't think they know what they are doing but no one here will look at it!!

More Power
03-13-2009, 16:31
Every electronic 6.5 owner should have a known good spare FSD/PMD module - to use for troubleshooting and to keep from being stranded somewhere. I'd also consider the DTech module as a replacement when your original fails.

Jim

Kmehr
03-13-2009, 19:02
i have already ordered one that should be here tuesday. Also found out my vacuum pump is pooped out, is it worth getting a mechanical boost controller and taking off the vacuum pump all together? I know heath has one and a belt that is made for no vacuum pump......I am seriously thinking about taking the dive and making an investment into a DB2 conversion, Guy I talked to today said it would be way better for my svo since there is no optical sensor and they are just more reliable anyway......

Kmehr
03-15-2009, 18:13
so i got a hold of the wiring diagram for the truck and found that the ECM-B fuse runs the following: Fuel pump oil pressure switch and sender, fuel pump relay and PCM. Not the FSD or engine shut off solenoid. I think I can rule out the first two because the truck has blown the fuse on both veggie and diesel which use separate lift pumps. So last time I had the intake manifold off (this was in june) i did not hook up the ground to the PCM and could not for the life of me figure out what was wrong. Could trying to start it without the fuse have damaged the PCM and it is just now becoming a problem? I can hear a clicking type noise from around the glove box and i can't tell if it the PCM or my fan motor, it makes the noist with the fan off though....thoughts?