PDA

View Full Version : SES Light and Codes

MikeyB
03-24-2009, 15:14
2001 2500 HD, 60,000 miles, always maintained, original injectors

Had an SES light and got these codes:

P0093 Can't decipher, not in my book
P0302 Cylinder 2 Misfire?

Any input welcome, hope it's not the dreaded injectors, still running fine.

Thanks,
Mike

DmaxMaverick
03-24-2009, 17:02
The P0093 is a fuel leak (perceived). Similar to P1093 in later years. Probably only due for a filter change (optimism). Could be high fuel return rate, which would lead to injectors. Try the filter first (even if it's low miles). The P0302 could be related to either of the above, or a poor electrical connection or ground, somewhere. An injection balance rate test and PWM offset reading will help diagnosis, if the injectors are indicated.

MikeyB
03-25-2009, 08:29
The P0093 is a fuel leak (perceived). Similar to P1093 in later years. Probably only due for a filter change (optimism). Could be high fuel return rate, which would lead to injectors. Try the filter first (even if it's low miles). The P0302 could be related to either of the above, or a poor electrical connection or ground, somewhere. An injection balance rate test and PWM offset reading will help diagnosis, if the injectors are indicated.

Thanks for the info. I will change the filter today (only about 5000 mi.) on it and run some injector cleaner through it just for grins. I do typically use Power Service in each tank. We'll see how it goes, unfortunately I read the letter from GM and I am over the 7 years (of course) but way below the 200,000 miles. I doubt with the health of GM they are willing to swing me any kind of deal if I do need new injectors!

Mike