PDA

View Full Version : Fan upgrade complete

JFerg65
03-27-2009, 17:24
Well I finally got the parts together and found an hour or so to swap out my old fan and clutch to JK's clutch and the composite fan. I was one who had to trim the shroud. I think it would have gone, but wasn't going to risk it. No biggy, the jig saw recommendation was a great one. The only other thing I had to do was put a spacer between the resonator tube and the bracket it bolts to. I had to lift it up about an inch to clear the fan blade. The air box another upgrade I did, went to a 98 airbox assembly.

Once I had here back together, all I can say is WOW! what a difference. It's quieter, and it is like a hurricane in the engine compartment compared to the old fan.

Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you see things, I discovered some leaking transcooler lines. Well lets put that on the list as well as all the other hoses. Since my heater hose T snapped off, I was looking around at the health of my other hoses, and they seem to be original. (1996 and 156,000 on them), Yes, I know I'm on borrowed time. I will get them ordered this weekend.

What does everybody prefer in regard to hose manufacturers, AC DELCO brand, Gates, Doorman or Goodyear.

Oh yeah I picked up some shocks from JK while they were on sale. What the hell.

Burning Oil
03-28-2009, 19:10
IMO the best hose that is readily avalible is the Gates "Green Stripe"

JFerg65
03-29-2009, 05:42
Thanks, was leaning towards the Gates Hoses, I run a Gates SERP belt. I need to get the order together today.