PDA

View Full Version : Scan Tool For 6.5?

Aryeh Levy
09-08-2005, 12:31
AutoEnginuity
CarQuest?

What's the best scantool for the 6.5 under $500

What's the best value for the 6.5 under $500

I want to be able to read all the vehicle specific sensors, and perform all the tests and functions.

Mainly want oto scan to see TC lockup and TDC offset etc.

GMC Hauler
09-08-2005, 14:43
I've used the Autoenginuity. It does most of the tests that you want. They are improving it all the time, so it gets better about every month.

If you do a search on the page, you will find just about all the info you need about the Autoenginuity scantool.

Member rjwest is the resident expert on carcode. Maybe he will chime in. :D

If i had it to do again with $300, Autoenginuity would be the tool of choice.

Aryeh Levy
09-08-2005, 14:58
i saw on ebay autoenginuity 0
it says there is a "GM" enhanced interface to do the special stuff. On their website it's $150.
Is there a cheaper place to buy it? It's not included in the $200 interface

http://stores.ebay.com/AutoEnginuity
www.autoenginuity.com (http://www.autoenginuity.com)

$350 total?

[ 09-08-2005, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: Aryeh Levy ]

GMC Hauler
09-08-2005, 15:18
You do need the enhanced GM version. I had heard at one time that the eBay version was a lite version. The price you report is about right.

If you would, Ask Jay at Autoenginuity if the ebay version is a lite version or not, and report back so we know.

Thanks

I paid about $300 in January.

I did buy mine on eBay.

Aryeh Levy
09-09-2005, 14:21
Yeah they dont offer the GM enhanced one on ebay. Their e-bay price is cheaper than their website. It specifically says this does not provide the enhanced version. It is extra.

Dvldog 8793
09-09-2005, 18:16
Howdy
Autoenginuity = 110% satisfaction
Customer support is OUTSTANDING
Product does everything any owner/mechanic could want and more.
I have had mine for about 4 months and have worked on my truck, my wifes Ford windstar and a friends Dodge truck.
I would STRONGLY recomend the enhanced modules as it is just your BASIC scan tool without.

I just got the latest update. Updates are free on the web or $5 for a CD. I choose to buy the CD as I do not intend to put my laptop on the web.
Do a search in this forrum....
Hope this helps....
L8r
Conley

rjwest
09-10-2005, 03:10
As a Carcode user:
Pluses: Least expensive, updates free, reads all the data

minus, Not much user info:

Write commands just released, so far I have not
been able to get the IP timing cmnd;s to work,
Probably my not understanding and a problem in my truck, so I will only comment that they are there in the latest release,

Sounds like the autoEnginity is more friendly, Plus there is a resident expert ****script:void(0)

nvmtnlion
09-10-2005, 10:59
Is ANYONE gonna help us OBD-I guys? I realize it takes a Tech-I or II to to tdc offset and all, but it would be nice to have an affordable scanner for us too.

dslpwr
09-10-2005, 14:10
Where is the best place to buy Autoenginuity scan tool?
Thanks