PDA

View Full Version : Injector Service bulletin

03silverchevy
03-31-2009, 16:49
Does anyone know of an updated injector policy? Injectors just replaced due to leaking around seals which I would think would fall under this. This is the one I have:

"INJECTOR WARRANTY FOR LB7 DURAMAX MOTORS

Subject:
Special Policy Adjustment - Injectors - Replace
# 04039A - (10/10/2006)"

"Condition

Some customers of 2001-03 model year Chevrolet Silverado; GMC Sierra; 2003 Chevrolet Kodiak and GMC TopKick vehicles (http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/##), equipped with a 6.6L Duramax Diesel (RPO LB7 - VIN Code 1) engine, may experience vehicle (http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/##) service engine soon (SES) light illumination, low engine power, hard start, and/or fuel in crankcase, requiring injector replacement, as a result of high fuel return rates due to fuel injector body cracks, ball seat erosion, or high pressure seal extrusion (refer to Corporate Bulletin Number 04-06-04-007 and SI).

Special Policy Adjustment

This special policy covers the condition described above for a period of 7 years or 200,000 miles (320,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership. The repairs will be made at no charge to the customer.

Important: This special policy only covers the above noted failure modes, which are identified by high fuel return flow."

PLease let me know.

madmatt
04-02-2009, 15:01
They replaced your injectors due to leaking o-rings??? I pulled a set out today that had three seals rolled and was smoking like carzy. i went in to do warr injectors when i found them.

03silverchevy
04-02-2009, 20:00
Please see "Smoking out the intersection"

I took to dealer for excessive blue smoke. They narrowed it to injectors seeing too much rail pressure, which led them to compression check and found leaks around the seals on the injectors. Dealer said it was not covered under 200k/7yr injector warranty. It's a bunch of money I paid, and I'm thinking possibly it should have been warranty work????

Duramaster
04-03-2009, 17:34
The bulletin does not state anywhere that it covers SMOKE. We just went through this with a customer the other day. He is not happy, but our hands are tied. :(

03silverchevy
04-03-2009, 20:22
I was suffering from excessive smoke. The diagnosis I got from the dealer was that the fuel rail pressure was 2x spec and the injectors showed uneven, but still within spec. Also noted was a lot of carbon buildup in the fuel rails, which was cleaned. I asked if they had completed the compression test, which after they had the seals around the injectors showed to be leaking.

It was determined by the dealer and a GM onsite rep (thru tech 2 shots and injector inspection) that this was not under warranty and I would have to replace the injectors which were leaking- with no guarranty on how long until the others started leaking. I had them replace all the injectors to reduce any chances of issues. Truck is back, no smoke.

Shed
04-06-2009, 09:59
That sucks. I am obviously wrong to think that injectors meant anything to do with the injectors. Just out of curiosity, what did it cost you? I have a feeling I'm heading towards a new set. Shed

madmatt
04-06-2009, 17:45
can't speak for him but at my shop, for parts and labor on a customer pay injector job would cost about $4100.

03silverchevy
04-12-2009, 07:21
Same price as madmatt stated

mtribout
05-22-2009, 14:22
I have a stock 01 lb7. injectors are needing replaced but i am having a hard time locating an upgrade injector and nozzle. can someone tell me where i can get a +50 injector and nozzle. preferebly new.

More Power
05-22-2009, 15:23
I don't know about +50, but you can get new, reman or performance injectors from www.usdieselparts.com (http://www.usdieselparts.com)

Jim

madmatt
05-25-2009, 07:03
Stock injectors in these are good for +500 rwhp. I can ship you some new stockers for $280 shipped each w/ a $150 core charge each.

mtribout
06-01-2009, 13:58
ive seen +50 out there the problem is that i have to get injectors here and nozzels there and all the gaskets somewhere else. c my delima? looking for a one stop shop.

madmatt
06-01-2009, 18:37
I can get you eveything you need,, just thought you could save money by putting new stockers back in. Not sure how much you want to put down but I made 517 rwhp on a 01 on a EFI Live tune alone.