PDA

View Full Version : Will not start now!

nlines
04-07-2009, 10:23
I turned down the fuel delivery screw 1/4 turn because of bad black smoke when stepping on

the "gas pedal" Now the engine will not start. I loosened two of the injector lines and

cranked a couple of times, no fuel visible. It started fine before. I noticed that when I had

the top off the pump that the fuel inside disappeared over a couple of days. Does any one

have any ideas?

Thanks, Nick

john8662
04-07-2009, 14:55
You should most likely double check that your fuel solenoid isn't hung inside the top cover due to the installation. Installing the top cover involves carefull positioning of the cover while placing it back on the top of the injection pump. The best way to describe it is that you slide the cover forward after setting it on the top cover with the black solenoid base just barely inside the cover (to make the top cover overlap on the side closest to you (front, drive side of pump). Then slide into place where bolt holes align.

If you've observed that the fuel drained back then your pump will require some time to refill and you will need to keep a few injection lines cracked to help speed up the process, it's air locked.

Hope this helps!