PDA

View Full Version : Cooling Upgrade 1992 2500

Don1959
04-07-2009, 16:42
Hello All,
New user here!! Well I purchased this truck 1-1/2 years ago only to find engine was pressurizing radiator and overflow tank. Pulled the heads and sure enough found 2 cracks in one head and 3 in the other all were between the valves. Took heads to local machine shop they welded up cracks surfaced head and complete valve job, I took them home and reinstalled. 11 months later same problem pressurizing radiator & overflow tank (truck did run hot what happened was factory gage was stuck at normal temp then it jumped to max temp while I was stopped at a light). Anyway just took heads off was thinking the worst that block must have cracked inspected block throughly, took heads to machine shop had them tested no leaks they did find that the surface was uneven and resurfaced heads. So I think the head gaskets must have failed I did use the fel-pro last time. Anyway I want to upgrade my cooling system to the dual thermostat and HO water pump. I was told there is a print on modifying the throttle cable brackets and goose neck to fit mech injector pump. Can someone please help me with that info.

Thanks in advance!
Don

DaveBr
04-07-2009, 18:40
I know for sure it is in the 1st 6.5 diesel manual you can purchase from this page or you can check out Kennedy diesel. He sells the cooling upgrade with the bracket pre - fabbed.