PDA

View Full Version : update - year 2

chickenhunterbob
09-08-2005, 17:49
Year two pretty much the same as year one, the old speedo rolled over 250,000 km two weeks ago.

Drove a tad further, fuel mileage decreased a smidge, but for all intents and purpose, no change.

Year one over 24,692.2 km I averaged 21.12 MPG (imperial) for all driving (city, highway, summer and winter) combined, and year two, 27,038.3km average 20.98 MPG, so slightly lower but virtually identical.

After using Stanadyne performance formula since November of last year (year 2), I have concluded that for me at least, there is no difference in fuel mileage with this product. Difficult to measure accurately I suppose, but my driving style is pretty regular.

Like they say, your mileage may vary, and I still use it, thinking there may be benifits in the lubricity area, again difficult to measure.

No major problems, just what I consider routine maintenance, a couple of exhaust parts, crossover pipe and one piece between downpipe and muffler replaced, new tires and wastegate solenoid. I have a leaking rear seal on the transfer case that I have to attend to on Sunday.

Now the busy season begins, as we again persue them chicken type boids. Next week Saskatchewan, then we'll see parts of North and South dakota and Nebraska before the new year.

If you see a black chev with holes in the bumper, probably with a guy in an orange hat driving plodding along at about 55 MPH, or parked in a birdy looking area, honk your horn, and wave.