PDA

View Full Version : Know of a good Duramax mechanic?

truck_n
04-20-2009, 10:59
Does anyone have a recommendation for a knowledgeable/experienced Duramax mechanic in the San Francisco Bay area? Preferably South Bay/San Jose. I have a 2005 Chevy 3500 in need of some diagnostics and probably at least one injector. The Diesal page was of great help to me with my first 2001 Duramax, and got me through a tough time with the LB7 injector issue. I lost track of the guy I previously used because of the economy (dealership out of business) and frankly, no reason to need a mechanic. Any help would be appreciated. You can contact me on this thread or at my e-mail, truck_n@msn.com
Thanks, Tony

Duramaster
04-21-2009, 06:00
How far north are you willing to drive? I work for http://www.dsutrucks.com/mech.htm We have a location in MEDFORD/ PHOENIX Oregon. I actually work in Portland, Oregon. I have met the tech in the Medford store and he seems like he's a pretty thorough technician. His name is Kirk and last I heard, he is the only GMC tech there. the rest of the techs work on the heavy duty trucks only. Good luck with your search. ;)

truck_n
04-22-2009, 08:47
Duramaster,
Thanks for your recommendation. It's a little too far away at this time. I will still try to find someone closer, but I do appreciate your help. My wifes' brother and family live in the Portland area and I will be there in July, with som Corvettes, so I will pass along your willingness to help and keep your contact info handy. Thanks again.
Tony V

mattb5150
06-13-2009, 10:47
Tony,

Did you ever find someone in San Jose? My '03 is smoking and I need a good Dmax tech in this area also. I know Carl Chevrolet on Capitol Expressway always carried parts for the rest of the dealers in the area, wondering how their service is though?

Matt