PDA

View Full Version : Possible Transmission problems?

markmartin
01-24-2004, 06:31
98 Silvarado 6.5 Turbo Diesel 2500 2 wd, I have had the truck a couple of monthes and really like it. I bought it with high mileage 174k but it has performed flawlessly. Recently (seems to be when pulling my car trailer) that it wants to jump and shift abruptly in second gear, if you back off the throttle and let it shift into 3rd it quits and goes ahead and pulls fine. The problem seems to be just when in second gear pulling a small load, I have also noticed it seems to be shifting a little hard (like it has a shift kit with stall convertor) occasionally, there again mostly when going into second gear. I checked the fluid level and it seems fine. I am thinking about having the trans serviced with a new filter to see if that helps. ANY INPUT WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Thanks

Uncle Wally
01-25-2004, 17:27
Sounds like a good idea. I would also have the codes checked to see if there is any trans codes in the ECM.

Mine shifted the same as yours except it was third gear. I am currently rebuilding mine in the basement. I am of the belief that I had an o-ring in the valve body give up (after 160K). I will know more when I get it torn the rest of the way.

Waldo