PDA

View Full Version : Relocated PMD... No Start

chambie
04-25-2009, 04:53
The guy that bought my old 6.5 relocated the pmd to inside the grill area. After it was all hooked up, the motor cranks but won't fire. It's a 97 cc dually. The IP was replaced under warranty a couple years ago. The new kit came with a #9 resistor, cooler and harness. Called the manufacurer, they said the harness might be bad, sent a new one, still no start. does the new pmd need to be grounded back to the pump ? He said he tried the 50 koko and made no difference. Any suggestions ?
Thanks in advance.
Lindsay

Truck runs on old pmd.

CountryBoi
04-25-2009, 07:13
if the truck runs on the old pmd in the new location, keeping everything the same ecept the pmd then the new pmd is faulty.

simon
04-25-2009, 07:59
Continuity check the extension cable. the ground wire has to stay on the IP.
If the PMD was working before the relocation,then the ext cable seems the issue.
For the #9 resistor to take effect it needs a relearn with engine temp at min 180 F

chambie
04-25-2009, 11:55
The truck runs on the old pmd still on the IP. The cables check out continuity wise. Does the new pmd need a ground outside of the ext. cable back to the Ip or the motor ?

simon
04-25-2009, 14:15
i dont think so,ground at the IP is sufficient. Who garanties the PMD is good?, i had 1 fail within a 1000 km.

Burning Oil
04-27-2009, 19:03
The truck runs on the old pmd still on the IP. The cables check out continuity wise. Does the new pmd need a ground outside of the ext. cable back to the Ip or the motor ?

No you do not need the additional ground.
It does sound like the remote PMD is bad.