w6bauer
05-02-2009, 14:58
Heres my rig

6.5 Detroit Diesel
05-02-2009, 17:33
nice setup there. those 285's fill out the wells nicely

w6bauer
05-03-2009, 13:01
Thanks. They sure do. I got it with 265s and can't imagine how goofy it looked off the line with 245s on it.

I undercoated rocker panels and doors up to the contour line with POR-15, added 3 inch wide fender flares to replace the factory flares that didn't cover the front meats. Removed the running boards.

I do get a small amount of rub with the bigger skins when turning on rougher terrain. Nothing major I can trim a skosh of the fenders and reinstall flares.

Planning on an extensive set of guages, opening up the exhaust and a roof rack with plenty of lighting all around, as well as two yellow top optimas. Quite a bit of saving to do.

w6bauer
05-03-2009, 16:56
Another shot

6.5TD Burb
05-04-2009, 16:35
Good lookin' Burb, really dig the black steelies with the chrome center cap and trim rings. Nice. Two questions. First, just curious was it a tan/gold color where you put the Por-15? Second, wouldn't you happen to have the color code for the green? That's the color I'm wanting to paint the top part of the Suburban when it comes time.

w6bauer
05-05-2009, 10:00
Yeah the code is U177B for the GM emerald green is what they call it. The area painted with POR-15 was originally green like the rest of the rig but I thought it would look sweet black on the bottom up to the factory paint line. Next, for the paint, I am going to do either a single or double gold pinstripe where the two colors meet. I put some gold Diesel decals on the front doors just above the contour line and it made me think a nice gold pinstripe might look badass.

I painted two of the wheels black with the POR-15 and the other two with a black tractor enamel to see how well the POR-15 actually works. Cant tell a difference in color or shine and it will provide me good feedback as to whether I would use the product again or search for something new.

Cutting some mudflaps from some thick rubber mats today, no running boards really allows that mud to slop up the side of the rig.

6.5TD Burb
05-05-2009, 18:13
Sweetness thanks.

I don't think you could do a thing to make the Suburban look any better, it's awesome the way it is. Be interesting to see the gold pinstripe though.