PDA

View Full Version : Filled fuel from 2/3 tank friday night and Sat Morning the Optical sensor stopped.

noelb
05-03-2009, 13:32
I Fillled the tank on friday night and Saturday morning after 20 km the Optical sensor Went south P0251. Is this just a coincidence? Could it be a winter fuel problem (it's coming into winter here- cold and wet.)

Robyn
05-03-2009, 17:33
Probably a coincidence and nothing to do with the fuel.

Unless the fuel has issues you just got a Optical sensor failure

Robyn

noelb
05-03-2009, 18:49
Thanks Robyn,

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a well priced new DS4 IP

I just took the truck to the "local" Stanadyne Dealer... The only place with the equipment to rebuilt the pump within 500 miles. They are unable to read codes and can only go on what I tell them...

I certainly hope my diagnosis is correct!

If it was fuel/air bubble related I would have expected some sort of intermittant problem but I have not seen a single signal from the Optical Sensor since the P0251 Code has appeared.

They will charge me for R&R and Quote on rebuilding the pump and also quote on a new pump.

Labour cost is going to be huge at $100/hr, but I don't want to do it myself.

arveetek
05-07-2009, 08:17
I ordered a new optical sensor off ebay last week, haven't gotten it yet, but it was only $210 shipped. The local Stanadyne shop wanted over $300 for it. Most shops will tell you that it can't be replaced without calibration, but I'm going to try it. I know it's been done.

Casey