PDA

View Full Version : New 6.5TD Product Reviews!

More Power
04-14-2005, 10:31
<a href="http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews/pmdisolatorr.htm" target="_blank">PMD Isolator
Improving Reliability for GM's Electronic 6.5TD</a>

Helping the Pump Mounted Driver module reject heat can improve reliability. The Heath Diesel PMD Isolator is a remote pump mounted (PMD/FSD) driver and cooler assembly that was designed to effectively dissipate the heat generated by the module during operation.

<a href="http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews/rogerstory.htm" target="_blank">1996-99 6.5TD Power Mods
Max-E-Tork PCM & Turbo-Master </a>

The 6.5 Turbo Diesel is a fine engine for everyday driving in stock trim, but put an 8500-lb trailer behind it, and you'll wish for more power. More power generally means more fuel and more boost pressure. To get more fuel and boost, you'll need to look at products that were designed for the model year of your vehicle.

Dieselboy
04-14-2005, 12:48
How many mm^3 of fuel does the computer run?

More Power
04-14-2005, 15:55
Maybe we can get Roger (aka GMC Hauler) or Bill Heath to talk about fuel rates.

Big thanks to Roger for these two reviews! :D

MP

AndyL
04-14-2005, 16:26
Originally posted by More Power:
Maybe we can get Roger (aka GMC Hauler) or Bill Heath to talk about fuel rates.

Big thanks to Roger for these two reviews! :D

MP From Bill, 82mm^3 is max for the v 2.0 reflash. Although I never see higher than 75.9 sustained, I have yet to figure that one out. I have seen peaks for very short durations at 80.0.

More Power, what version was used in your comparision? I heard a newer than 2.0 was available?

GMC Hauler
04-14-2005, 20:40
I did discuss fuel rates with Bill. The most I ever saw was a sustained 79mm on my scanner, which is the limit of what it will read. Bill did comment on this, stated that the actual top fuel rate was encoded to prevent a scanner from reading the top value.

I recommend you give Bill a call directly about his max fuel rate.

As far as a version, I was under the impression it was 2.0. I will email and verify.

The thanks really belongs to all The Diesel Page members. I have learned so much thus far, allowing me to make a successful evaluation. Every nugget of knowledge, every new review, every reply to a post has increased my knowledge and confidence in my abilities to successfully work on my Suburban. Thanks all! :D

Marty Lau
04-15-2005, 07:17
Rodger did a nice job on the reviews thanks.
I been running the PMD Isolator for a year and half and about 28,000 miles so far so good. I have a 2 WD pickup so I took a different approach to the mounting. I took 2 of the mounting bolts off and the other two I turned over and dripped two hole in the flange on the bottom of the transmission support crossmember. The spacers are the right size to allow of mounting of the Issolator on top of this crossmember and bolting to the flange. it's worked well for me up and out of the way and easy access to check on durring oil changes.

It was nice that Rodger did some real performance examples. :D

AndyL
04-15-2005, 10:31
Originally posted by GMC Hauler:

I recommend you give Bill a call directly about his max fuel rate.
82mm^3 came from Bill personally, and happens to be the limit of the DS4.

I wonder why I don't see 79 sustained?

Dvldog 8793
04-15-2005, 11:43
From what I've heard a sustained fuel rate of 78 will set a code and any blip above 79 will also set a code. I don't know why they can't reprogram so it won't set any codes but then I dont know much about this programer stuff aother than the ECM that I got from bill does work GREAT. My truck sees a sustained rate of about 77 and jumps to about 78.??? Bill also told me that his ECM runs in the 82-84 range but is coded to confuse the computer?
It's al VOODOO to me, Big exhaust and good filters I can understand, this computer stufF???
L8r
Conley