PDA

View Full Version : NA injectors vs Turbo injectors

a4stargen
05-31-2009, 10:03
I recently installed a brand new 6.5 NA long block into my 95 3500 and reinstalled my old injection pump and turbo to the new engine. The new long block came with brand new NA injectors already installed. What is the difference between the injectors in a NA engine and the injectors for a 6.5 turbo? Will switching to new injectors for a 6.5 turbo have a noticable difference in power or economy?

More Power
05-31-2009, 14:08
Welcome to the board!

How do you know the injectors are for an NA application? Do you have a part/model number for the injectors?

Jim

a4stargen
05-31-2009, 16:50
The reman engine I was able to get a hold of was set up to be a 6.5 NA. In other words it was a 6.5 NA part number. It came with regular old manifolds on it, the injectors already in it, fuel pump block off plate, etc basically ready to drop in. When I got the engine I swapped my old exhaust manifolds, injection pump, and intake onto it to use the factory turbo.

I have eight brand new bosch injectors part #10233973 that are for the 6.5 turbo engine sitting on top my tool box. My question is, would it be worth my time to put them in or just ride with what I already have? Would the injector swap show any signs of improvement in mpg or power? What are your opinions?

Robyn
05-31-2009, 16:55
The POP pressure on the Turbo injectors may be a tad higher.

It will work either way though.

Was the engine set up for the electronic IP?? Does it have the port for the crank sensor??

Best

Robyn

a4stargen
05-31-2009, 18:59
Yes, it had the port in the timing cover. Just had to pop a small plug out and slide the sensor in. I also added a high output water pump when I was putting it together. It is one of the new blocks that has 506 stamped in the valley and has the navistar logo in the valley too. That is suppose to be one of the best blocks availible right?