PDA

View Full Version : US made brake parts?

Locomoko
06-01-2009, 16:30
Hello all,

Recently paid $140.00 for a Brake master cyl. at NAPA and when it came out I was surprised to see it made in of all places "China". :eek: Should I be surprised! At $140. yes, because all the others are $40.00 from China. Well, I am not paying that, blah, blah, blah.

I found a new master cyl made in US from USCarpartsdirect.com, (PBR) $100. included s/h to Hawaii. Then I started on a quest to finish the job with rebuilt/new clipers/drum cyl. But I am running into a wall finding US made parts. Is this the future?

Thought I would throw this one at the forum for assistance... any one got a lead?

Thanks, Aloha

Robyn
06-01-2009, 18:54
Sadly, I'm afraid so.

Just about all the good stuff including the children are made over seas now :eek: and we get raped on the cost too.

Hangs head in sorrow

Missy

Lightyear
06-02-2009, 04:29
All may not be lost. I recently bought a pair of AC-Delco front rotors for my '99 K2500 from acdelco.com. They are original parts, boxed in original packaging, and they were cheap, relatively speaking. The local GMC place gets over $200 each, but I paid $300 for the pair, UPS ground included. Of course sending stuff to the islands will cost more, but check that site out. at least you'll be getting the real deal, not cheap crap cast in the PRC.

You can also try gmpartsdirect.com. I haven't bought from them, but I think there stuff is all GM, and it's cheaper than a dealer.

Best of luck.

spongebob
06-02-2009, 06:53
hey our new president was made in kenya..

Locomoko
06-02-2009, 11:43
thanks for the referalls, aloha