PDA

View Full Version : Shocked by Bilsteins!

Mark Rinker
06-08-2009, 05:40
:D

They are certainly as good as everyone has reported them to be. Times being what they are, I never spent the extra $$$ for them in the past, but the 'Buy 3, get 1 Free' promo at Kennedy reeled me in.

Amazing difference in ride - especially in the rear, where chatter over railroad tracks, etc. is eliminated.

Its like driving off the lot in a new truck.

lmholmes11
06-09-2009, 03:08
I'll have to keep that in mind, it is about time for a new set of shocks. I guess I should have jumped on the 4 for the price of 3 deal...

chambie
06-09-2009, 13:32
Yeh No Kidding !! I love em on my truck. Both empty and with the trailer on. Corners better... ( no body lean ) and rides like a champ. Jk had a great deal :)

rustyk
06-09-2009, 21:03
On motorhomes, there just is no other choice.

Kennedy
06-12-2009, 08:35
Yup, some just don't know what they are missing. I couldn't imagine running on stock shocks. I went from Loyal to BC Canada (Rendezvous trip) on stockers with about 3k worth of engines in the bed of my 2002. Not fun

Tuf Toy
10-03-2009, 17:42
Which model Bilsteins have you found effective . I was not impressed with ones I picked up 20,000 miles ago.

EdHale
10-04-2009, 04:52
I took advantage of the 4 for price of 3 deal last month and now have to get off of my back side and install them. Maybe today?

Kennedy
10-05-2009, 15:06
Which model Bilsteins have you found effective . I was not impressed with ones I picked up 20,000 miles ago.

The HD yellows are the best in my experience.

TheJDMan
10-26-2009, 17:47
I took advantage of the 4 for price of 3 deal last month and now have to get off of my back side and install them. Maybe today?

Once you do get them installed, you will kick youself for procrastinating.

rvfool
02-19-2010, 12:53
I just installed the Kennedy bilstein spacers on my 07 Chevy duramax and what a different. I was always getting a clunking noise from the front end and thought it was the steering staff which I replaced with a HD unit. The spacer cleared it all up. Funny what a 3/4 inch spacer will do.

DickWells
03-06-2010, 10:06
Glad someone asked about the right model, but still wondering. I've had Bilsteins (yellow) on all of my last four vehicles, and, while they always hold up really well, as opposed to stock, I've never been able to detect a very noticeable difference in ride, or handling. The comment someone made about the difference in the rear is a real mind bender for me, because my 04 CC/LB Sierra is NOT a good riding truck, especially with the air suspension. I expected the ride to improve with the removal of the steel springs, but all I ever gained out of that process was the ellimination of launch shudder, and the ability to kneal the thing for loading/unloading! Always have wondered if the Bilsteins I bought were a lower grade level. Can't remember where I bought them, probably on E-Bay, but they are yellow, and they all have rubber bellows.
I remember hearing that nice little guy who used to do the ATV show say that his GMC turned from a beast to a beauty, when he put on Bilsteins. I checked on him the last time I was in Richfield, UT, and found out that he had contracted a rare infection and died! Way too bad. Name escapes me, this minute, but soon as I'm off here, it'll come back. Anyway he used to close with "God Bless". That's good for TDP, too, me thinks.

NutNbutGMC
03-06-2010, 17:58
.....I remember hearing that nice little guy who used to do the ATV show say that his GMC turned from a beast to a beauty, when he put on Bilsteins. I checked on him the last time I was in Richfield, UT, and found out that he had contracted a rare infection and died! Way too bad. Name escapes me, this minute, but soon as I'm off here, it'll come back. Anyway he used to close with "God Bless". That's good for TDP, too, me thinks.Let's hope he wasn't lying.... :D
for his sake.