PDA

View Full Version : pmd cooler

lyonsbc
06-11-2009, 11:45
I'm wondering what is the most recommened pmd/fsd cooler kit for a 96 6.5td suburban. And where the best mounting place for it would be. I had heard about it being mounted in one of the holes in the front bumper. but in new york where i live they use alot of road salt during the winter and i am curious about if this would be a problem or not.

bl78ljb
06-12-2009, 11:01
I'm in Maine and I mounted mine between the bumper holes attached to the bottom of the bumper. I used one of the valance bolt holes and replaced the bolt with a longer one and then drilled up from underneath to catch the second hole in the PMD cooler. The cooler I used as a DSG one that is supposed to mount to the intake manifold and was actually "given" to me during a warranty service when my replacement engine was new and having some hiccups. When mounted the PMD itself faces up and the fins down and where it is not directly behind one of the hole or facing the ground I don't feel the salt will be that big of an issue.

Flatlander6.2
06-16-2009, 20:44
I mounted mine behind the bumper using a license plate bolt. My truck was stalling several times a day. I used the same pmd in this position and it has not stalled since. Lots of salt on the roads here in Canada in the winter, and so far no signs of corrosion or problems.

Kennedy
06-18-2009, 09:21
I'm wondering what is the most recommened pmd/fsd cooler kit for a 96 6.5td suburban. And where the best mounting place for it would be. I had heard about it being mounted in one of the holes in the front bumper. but in new york where i live they use alot of road salt during the winter and i am curious about if this would be a problem or not.

We have the complete kit with the largest surface area heat sink on the market, fully anodized and made in USA. You can mount out and under if you like, but we have had good success using the locations shown on our site.

UGLYTRUK
06-21-2009, 22:33
I wonder if anyone has a used set-up? I'm a little cash poor rite now

Burning Oil
06-21-2009, 22:57
I have the two connectors you would need. I had to cut them off of two cables. They are brand new never used. I left enough wire on them so someone could soldier sections of wire and make a new cable from them. I would take $20 + shipping. They are doing me no good like they are, so maybe you can use them?

UGLYTRUK
06-21-2009, 23:11
So this would be the relocation harness, two ends, no middle, which I could easily add wire to? Sound strateforward.
How much is this harness un-cut?
Any mounting plate?

Burning Oil
06-21-2009, 23:17
Correct, just two pigtails. You add the wire.
New uncut is $39 + ship.
I have only new heatsinks.
If interested PM me your email address and I will send a invoice to you.
Leroy

Burning Oil
06-23-2009, 23:13
Well never heard back, so the same offer stands for anyone here. First come first served.

UGLYTRUK
06-23-2009, 23:51
Sorry, didn't mean to ignore you, just exploring my options...