PDA

View Full Version : Clutch

Inspector
06-12-2009, 10:01
Here is the history----New clutch, pressureplate, through out and flywheel. NV4500 overhauled three years ago. New master and slave. When everything is cold,cool or warm works just fine all gears. When at operating temp it will go into all gears inclulding reverse except 1st. A new pivot and fork was installed at the last R&R. Good clearance on the fluid line. I keep coming back to a heat related problem but can't relate it to a line proximity problem. Thoughts?

The truck is a 93 one ton diesel.

trbankii
06-12-2009, 11:27
Do you mean first or granny low?

Low isn't synchronized AFAIK - I have to be at a dead stop to shift into low.

Inspector
06-13-2009, 18:34
2nd gear. You are right no sycro in 1st.

Inspector
06-14-2009, 21:17
Bump to ya

meanchev
06-15-2009, 17:21
this is my truck. i have been trying to get this resolved for awhile. i put a new master cylinder in a couple of weeks ago and tried to bleed for a couple of days. i got it bled and drove it after driving for a few minutes the pedal got soft and i struggled to get it back in to second and first gear. before the master cylinder was replaced i had the same problem only it would return to normal working order after sitting for a few hours. then would stop working after driving again. so i replaced master cylinder. well i drove it once and the problem seemed alot worse i replaced the slave cylinder.I tried to bleed the system again. I spent 3 days trying to bleed the system to no avail. i finally returned the master cylinder and put another new one in again. within 5 mins i got the pedal to build pressure. i drove the truck and the same problem returned. i can get the pedal to build pressure but now if it sits it loses pressure and i have repump the pedal to build pressure. i am not sure what to do next. I checked the lines no leakes found.