PDA

View Full Version : Fix for shaky glass in power extending mirrors?

rat4go
06-13-2009, 18:32
Anyone seen a good, inexpensive fix for shaky glass in the power-extending mirrors? I like the mirrors, especially since I've managed to keep the power-extending portion working, but I'd like the glass not to shake so much. I haven't found anything that I can tighten to get rid of the play.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

cowboywildbill
06-14-2009, 07:11
I've heard of people taking the mirror apart and gluing springs on the inside frame so that the springs touch the back of the glass on both sides. I don't know what kind or where they buy the springs, I suspect they would be a very mild tension like a slide spring for a motorcycle carb. I would try putting a piece of sponge behind the glass on both sides.
You should be able to do this without taking them apart. Some aftermarket mirrors offer replacement springs for thier products. A long time ago I fixed a mirror for someone by taking it apart and bending the end of the springs a hair making them tighter and putting them back.

Roy W
06-14-2009, 14:55
Give Power Vision, the mirror manufacture a call at 866-901-2954. I have found them to be very helpful in troubleshooting and correcting problems with their mirrors.