PDA

View Full Version : CAn't find the Oil Pressure Switch/Sensor to replance it?

97Suburban
06-19-2009, 20:00
Hello,

I can't find the oil pressure switch to replace it??? Help !!
The chilton book is junk :mad:, a tiny picture that I can't make out and my magnifying glass still doesn't help, chilton is mediocre :mad:, not good.

Where the heck is that thing hidden??? :eek:

A good friend said I can remove the fuel filter housing and then get to it and replace it, in about an hour??? :confused:

The great guys at Heath Diesel(Todd;) & Bill :)) helped me way over here on the right coast, PA... They led me to the fix for my 6.5TD problems on my 97 suburban.

Bucks and kicks when getting going down the road in the morning, just started doing this more and more the past few weeks.

So they said replace the fuel pump relay and oil pressure switch, so I went to GM dealer and bought AC Delco parts, was scared to buy other name brands from napa, pep boys, car quest, autozone, etc...(what brands are top quality)

Thanks so Much for the help!!!
:)

97Suburban
06-19-2009, 20:50
Soory, forgot to include, I have a 1997 GMC Suburban 65.TD

It has:
Heath Deisel remote mount PMD
Heath Deisel turbo master arm
Heath Deisel computer
Heath Deisel high output lift pump

Stock Exhaust
285 BF Goodrich All-Terain KO

Lightyear
06-19-2009, 22:02
If your 'Burb is like my '99, the oil pressure switch is under the intake manifold. If you pull the plastic manifold cover and remove the two bolts holding the fuel filter assembly, you can get at the switch. You'll need a 1-1/16" crows foot to remove it. It only needs about 9 lbs-ft of torque to put in the new one. I found this out after borrowing the MATCO socket from a local shop. To use that, you need to pull the manifold as well. So I'll be using the crows foot myself next week, since manmifold removal was more than I wanted to tackle last Saturday. Good luck!

97Suburban
06-20-2009, 03:16
Thanks, great to hear, I hope to do that Sat eve...
more to follow

:)