PDA

View Full Version : Metal Clip for Chrome Body Trim

jeepwatchman
06-24-2009, 07:23
Not sure where to ask this so I picked here.

I have an '09 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE that has the chrome trim around the grille. The upper part of the chrome trim attaches to the leading edge of the hood.

I had a clear bra put on by an aftermarket company(recommended by the dealer) and they took off that upper part of the chrome trim to run the clear bra all the way to the edge of the hood and broke 2 of the little "u" shaped metal clips(actually broke the little teeth on the metal clip that bites into the tab that is attached to the chrome trim) Whew! Follow me?

Anyway, dealer tried to order some clips by the part number shown in the computer and got in some bolts instead.

Anyone have a good part number for those little buggers or know where I can get some from online?

DmaxMaverick
06-24-2009, 07:49
Have a chat with the dealership body shop manager. If they haven't already encountered this, they will soon.

jeepwatchman
06-24-2009, 10:33
I just spoke to the body shop manager and it sounded like they don't have a clue as to what I'm talking about. Not too surprising, I guess.

I will have to take the truck down to them and physically show them what i need.

For 2 little clips this sure is turning out to be a pain in the @ss!.

DmaxMaverick
06-24-2009, 10:43
What part number did they order?

jeepwatchman
06-24-2009, 11:36
I don't know what the part # was. I did look at the computer screen with the parts guy and he pointed out the part and asked me if that was the one, which it was.

He supposedly is trying to reorder those clips for me.

What a pain!

jeepwatchman
06-24-2009, 15:01
They finally got the clips in this afternoon. They are not an exact match, but if they work like they are supposed to, that would be nice.

I will let you know how it works out.

jeepwatchman
06-27-2009, 13:52
To update my saga:

Clear bra company put new clips on the trim and it still didn't fit right. The company owner asked me if it was ok and of course I said "not really".

She got on the phone to the dealership to see if they had a new trim piece in stock and surprisingly they did! She paid for it over the phone and I went and picked it up and brought it back to the clear bra co. so they could install it for me.

It fits fine and that is finally over.

Sha asked me if I was one of those anti-tint people, and I told her "no, why?" She said for all my trouble, they wanted to tint my front windows for free, so I said ok. But I did ask her if they took the door panels off or anything like that and she said "no way" we can do it without taking the panels off. We both had a good laugh.

They turned out to be a stand-up company that is willing to do what it takes to make things right.