PDA

View Full Version : Rober Shaw T-stats

jharl@harrelsons.com
10-25-2003, 03:48
I have been looking for the Robert Shaw T-stats and have found that they have disappeared from the market. After several hours of searching I have found that the Robert Shaw T-stats division of Robert Shaw has been sold to Cooper Standard Automotive (makers of the Cooper tire brand tires) I have sent an email to the web page to find out where I can find a distributor.

Here is the web page and an email address if you would like to know.

http://www.cooperstandard.com/aftermarket/

The Robert Shaw seems to be the best thermostat for the GM Diesel engine line. I will update this forum as I find more information.
John

StephenA
10-26-2003, 08:30
Hi,
The person in charge of these T-Stats for Cooper is:
Kristy Paine 248 754 2363 kpaine@cooperstandard.com
She emailed me that Murray's Discount Auto carries them now.

Also the 195F stats are available at John Kennedy's site:

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/

Item Name: Robertshaw 354 Series 180

triggerman
10-26-2003, 20:31
Just an observation on these, I'v been running 1 robertshaw and 1 OEM since about March. And I think I gotta agree with what Kennedy said about stepin down to the 180's. I think if you just commute emty you will see a bit better mileage with the 190's, but if you haul stuff around, and you don't have a intercooler, your probably better off with the 180 robertshaws. I'll eventually go back to the OEM's to see if infact my milage will pick back up a bit.

StephenA
10-27-2003, 07:02
I put in the 195 instead of the 180 and with my manual tranny & 21" Dmax fan, I almost run too cool. Haven't hauled my 10k TT yet, though.

jharl@harrelsons.com
10-27-2003, 10:36
This is bad. Murray'd Discount Auto will not sell he t-stats them over the phone. I will need to go to Ohio go in person and pay for them then wait a dat for the to be shiped fom the wharehouse to the store. KD has them back ordered. I have a pull in a couple of weeks an I want to keep my kool (help (small seream)).

StephenA
10-27-2003, 12:32
I have have a number for a manager who will sell them to you over the phone, but they don't take credit cards, just checks & money orders. Here's the email Kristy sent me:

Stephen,
At this time the only retailer that offers
our thermostat is Murray's Discount Auto Stores. If there is not one in your
area they can take orders over the phone. Please contact:
Steve Shadoian
248-891-2210
sshodoian@murraysdiscount.com

If you have any other questions let me know.

Regards,

Kristie Paine
Cooper Standard Automotive
P: 248-754-2363
F: 248-754-7368