PDA

View Full Version : Stalling & Serivice Engine Soon light

Flatlander6.2
07-01-2009, 21:50
Hi all. I'm having some issues with my 94 6.5 N/A. Coming home from work yesterday and it stalled. Unlike in the past before I installed remote PMD cooler, it would not restart and I killed my battery. I called for a tow, at which time the tow truck driver, after hooking me up, pulled out in front of traffic, resulting in my truck being hit by oncoming traffic. Thankfully minor damage, it wasn't my day. After all this when the truck was dropped off, I put a charger on it and it started right up. For the next hour I played with it, sometimes it would stall, others it would run like a watch. Sometimes when it would start it would start easy, other times it would start hard. Then the starter bolts broke off. A fitting end to a lousy evening. Today, after getting the starter back in it ran all day with no hiccups but now the Service Engine Soon light is on. It goes out in park and in neutral, and goes out above about 1900-2000 RPM. HELP!

suburbanK-2500HD
07-02-2009, 00:28
i think you should check for codes with a scanner.
Could be PMD, IP, Liftpump........

Robyn
07-02-2009, 06:44
Definately check the codes to see whats bothering the beast.

Robyn

Flatlander6.2
07-02-2009, 13:30
Only code shown is low intake temp. I changed the intake sensor this morning, and it has not stalled since. Not sure if this would cause the stalling issue. I guess we'll wait and see.