PDA

View Full Version : New to Site

cfed
07-04-2009, 11:20
Hi All,

I'm new to this site and posting a general help / advice question. I currently own a 97 F350 7.3 PSD DRW. I absolutely love this truck and have no complaints other than interior room. It is only an extended cab truck and I have a 15 and 13 year old that fight too much over a long trip. :D I am currently considering purchasing a new 4 door truck. I seem to be stuck trying to decide between the Duramax and Ford with 6.4. In either case, it will be a 4 door 1 ton vehicle. I'm a member of another site dedicated to the Fords and have seen a lot of issues posted with the 6.4. I believe, from the limited research I've done, that both seem fairly equal. Price seems equal likewise too. I do realize this site is dedicated to the Duramax, but I was curious as to the experiences of the members here in relation to the Duramax. All input is appreciated. Those with experiences with the 6.4 Ford are also appreciated. I am curious about mileage, service, warranty issues, cost of ownership, etc. Prior to owning the 97, I was a GM product owner. The 97 is, in fact, the only Ford product I've owned. I realize this is a long post, but I appreciate the input and advice. Thanks again in advance for your help.

Shed
07-05-2009, 10:11
Welcome to the site!

Just my opinions here. On this site you will find some of the most knowledgeable people who can tell you alot.

I run around with a bunch of die hard Ford guys. It seems that ever since the 7.3powerstrokes (I call 'em power jokes to irk them) the Fords have been trouble. That said I really don't know much about them.

The Duramax is an awesome engine when performing correctly. You will see there is alot you can do to "tune" the Dmax to what you want to do with it. I tow and have really just done mods for that purpose. It tows like a dream, and mine is the first generation. The newer 07-08-09 trucks with the emissions systems scare me. Have seen alot of what look like minor issues, but none the less issues that would make me mad on my new 50k$ truck. For my money, and if my wife allows it, I would buy a nice 06'. The engine seems to have the fewest problems and has a tone of power and torque.

Just my opinions, like I said listen to these guys on here who are more knowledgeable. Welcome aboard.
Shed