PDA

View Full Version : SynLube Lube-4-Life

javadog
04-16-2005, 06:58
Has anybody used, tried or does anyone know anything
about SynLube Lube-4-Life "permanent" oil and oil
filtration products? Go look at the site synlube.com. The claims are incredible. Doesn't most wear occur with particles less than 10 microns in size? He doesn't say anyting about that- only that his product filters better down to 10. The business is based in Las Vegas. Has anyone met this guy? Anybody local want to call him or pay him a visit...or invite him to the rendezvous?

fastcat800
04-17-2005, 09:12
If it sounds to good to be true, it is. At $32 a liter I will stick with Amsoil at $4.50 a Qt. and am going to Rotella synthetic as soon as I find a place to buy it. At a quart of oil used every 3000 miles it is less expensive to run Amsoil if you change every 6000 miles. Your truck would have to use no oil (best I've seen is a qt. to 5K) for it to compete price wise with regular synthitic and it will cost almost $300 to try the stuff, WOW! In the world of soot particles like diesels produce, 10 micron is still big. Elements are made down to .1 micron for the semiconductor industry and I would think would have to be smaller than 2 micron to remove soot, so I don't think the oil would stay clean even if it didn't suffer from thermal breakdown.