PDA

View Full Version : Injector Problem?

GMRyan
07-19-2009, 21:41
Request some help,

I have a 2003 Silverado Duramax (LB7), 47K miles, 4" exhaust, S & B Intake and PPE Excellerator Economy Tuner loaded to the middle setting. Mods were completed 10K miles ago with great results and absolutly no problems for 18 months or since new in 2003. Maintenance all done well ahead of schedule-fuel filter 600 miles ago. Returning home pulling the toyhauler through the hot desert three days ago it started losing power, missing, knocking and idles extremely rough. Temps never got high. Air filter is good, checked and cleaned the MAF-no change. No fuel in the oil, no change in the exhaust. Stumbles on it way from idle to approximately 1800 RPM when the boost is up then it accelerates strong with an occassional miss.
Wondering if this is likly injectors going bad or something else? I have gone through all the posts and the symptoms point in that direction, but no definitive indicators (fuel in oil or heavy white/black exhaust).
I hope I can get GM to change them (under 7 years), but will I need to put the orginal intake back in place? Obviously I'll have to reload the stock ECM program? Any help/gouge greatly appreciated!

Pogo

Duramaster
07-20-2009, 06:10
Does your truck have a manual trans or an automatic? If you expect to get any warranty coverage for the injectors you had better remove ALL evidence of the "HOT ROD KID CRAP" from the engine. You may find a dealer willing to look the other way when it comes to those items, but in most cases not. Anyway, if it is a manual trans truck you may have broken the dual mass flywheel. ;)

GMRyan
07-20-2009, 09:25
No-5 speed Allison automatic which is operating perfectly.

Mark Rinker
07-21-2009, 09:11
Leaking intake manifold gasket?