PDA

View Full Version : 95 NA engine

qwqw
07-26-2009, 07:57
hi just wanted to ask a question regarding engine transplants. is it possible to put a 95 non turbo engine (vandura smashed last tuesday) 1ton into a 97 savanna with blown engine, oil line lose and buddy drive 150 kms until relized oil press was to the left. i love my motor never any issues with it in 3 years i had just maintenance. are the intake and turbo interchangeable. . i have a mech pump(no issues)
so should i change over parts or do straight swap with mech pump, or switch pump.??
how can i get my pump high idle??do i switch computers??
i have been reading alot and a far number are saying the 97to 2000 engines are issue casts??
whatt to do !!!any, all comments will be appreciated!!!
thank you all that answer. pm me if you want or answer on board

john8662
07-26-2009, 11:55
The Savanna uses a rear turbo engine, the block, heads, turbo configuration are totally different than those used on trucks. The '95 Vandura engine is just like any truck engine, just naturally aspirated, so it's not interchangable with the Savanna engine.

The rear turbo 6.5 is an odd duck, only used in Savanna vans and H1 Hummers that were turbocharged 1996 and beyond.

P.S. your PM's aren't enabled yet.

I do have a Rear turbo block that can be a an engine for sale...

HH
07-26-2009, 18:39
How are the block & heads different?

I thought the injectors, exhaust, intake and turbo were the main differences??

john8662
07-26-2009, 20:08
The block is different because it has a casted petitistol on the back of the block and the petitistol is machined for oil pressure, oil return, and a mounting surface for the turbocharger. This is all mounted above the oil pump drive (or vacuum pump drive) at the very rear of the engine.

The heads differ in the angle that the intake manifold bolts enter. Trucks, the angle of the hole is equal to the angle of the port in the head, for the van/H1 the angle is straight up and down with the engine sitting level. Besides this, no real differences in the heads themselves, just the drillings.