PDA

View Full Version : GM Goodwrench engines...Navistar cast blocks or?

65turboman
07-29-2009, 20:13
Can anyone confirm if the GM goodwrench engines use the new Navistar cast blocks. I am assuming they would, as they claim to be new engines. Any info is appreciated.

Hubert
07-30-2009, 05:41
As in official GM Goodwrench dealer engine????

Once Navistar took over casting I am pretty sure GM quit sourcing them other ways. So if its really a fresh new engine yes it should be Navistar cast. But if its a new engine as in new never been sold its possible it could have been on a shelf somewhere and an old GM cast engine. I would imagine they have all been used up by now but depending on your source. ???

The only way to tell 100% is to look for the logo's and casting date etc. There are a few threads to help identify it.

Hubert
07-30-2009, 09:26
Forgot to mention there are over seas sources of castings also. So again depending on source it could be a non navistar.

I haven't heard GM's latest and greatest sources. Seems almost everybody sells from the lowest vendor sources nowadays.

65turboman
07-30-2009, 19:33
Thanks for the input. For what they cost they should be the latest. Has anyone had much luck purchasing directly from GEP? I have been hoping for something in the 5-6K price range, but their doesnt seem to be many choices. I assume kennedy still has remans. available.

Yukon6.2
07-31-2009, 07:54
Hi
I belive the new P400 from GEP is not much over your budget,it's all new with the improved block and girdle.You will have to build a oilpan to fit your truck,a few more $$ but probley the best money spent on an engin for your truck.One of the guys in BC bought one direct and has the info to get get in touch with them.
Thomas

westport70
08-01-2009, 09:21
While you are shopping, look at DAHMER POWER TRAINS they have a web site and when i delt with them all went very well. Shopping doesn"t cost much