PDA

View Full Version : truck pulls fifth place

carco
07-30-2009, 05:00
First time puller takes 5th place out of 14!! Decided @ the last minute to pull my truck 3:30pm the day of the pull. Lowered tire pressure to 45psi, pulled off the 2-5/16 ball installed a 1" clevis. Weighed the truck @ the local mine 7720#, added fuel to the bed tank and weighed in @ 7860# for the 8000# stock diesel pick-up class. Lowered the torsion bars down to the rubber stops, opened the air filter lid on one end a quarter inch for more air, no dust due to 2" of rain overnight, took 3 hours and 8 pieces of equipment to ready the track. First 3 finishers were Duramax, # 4 was a friend w/ 6.0L Ford and I was # 5. The first place was running a laptop on the seat. One other ran a laptop did not finish, one stacked 3 boxes DNF, one Dodge broke a driveshaft. 1 Ford, 2 Dodges rest GM. bob..............

More Power
07-31-2009, 09:42
First time puller takes 5th place out of 14!! Decided @ the last minute to pull my truck 3:30pm the day of the pull. Lowered tire pressure to 45psi, pulled off the 2-5/16 ball installed a 1" clevis. Weighed the truck @ the local mine 7720#, added fuel to the bed tank and weighed in @ 7860# for the 8000# stock diesel pick-up class. Lowered the torsion bars down to the rubber stops, opened the air filter lid on one end a quarter inch for more air, no dust due to 2" of rain overnight, took 3 hours and 8 pieces of equipment to ready the track. First 3 finishers were Duramax, # 4 was a friend w/ 6.0L Ford and I was # 5. The first place was running a laptop on the seat. One other ran a laptop did not finish, one stacked 3 boxes DNF, one Dodge broke a driveshaft. 1 Ford, 2 Dodges rest GM. bob..............

Congrats! 5th place isn't too bad at all, especially if you're new to the sport.

Jim

Duramaster
07-31-2009, 21:43
Do you have any photos to post? :)

carco
08-01-2009, 06:19
Supposed to be getting a video of my run and a friends 6.0 run 4th place. Will try to figure out posting somewhere, prob next week. bob............

Mark Rinker
08-08-2009, 08:26
Sounds similar to my experience last summer with a wet sticky track. Seems that mild stockers get better traction, while the big tuners get broken from too much traction, i.e. driveshaft.

Big fun! Congrats!