PDA

View Full Version : New visitor.....from Sweden

diesel-pete
07-30-2009, 11:20
Hi guy's,
I joined this site recently.
Abit of my self, I'm 48 years young excavator operator from Stockholm, Sweden.
Have visited the US "acouple"of times........9 times since -01 to be correct.
My ride is an -98 Chevy K2500 6,5l(wich soon will be an 6,2 with 6,5 heads from Diesel Depot)
Havent done to much to it,Heath Diesel HP4 ECM,marine injectors,4 inch exhaust and an new airfilter.
Well.....if You wanna know something else just ask,my english isnt that good so just bare with me! :D
Will post an pic of my ride sometime.
As my pic files seems to be to large. :(
Sorry guy's!

Peter

dr.olds
07-30-2009, 17:47
Howdy from oklahoma, always wanted to go there (Sweeden) can't drive there in my Dmax, so I guess i wont make it this year! people on the diesel page are very helpfull, talk to ya soon!

a5150nut
07-30-2009, 18:35
Welcome D Pete,

So what do you do with your tractor? Underground, demolition, or grading? Another operator just curious over here.

I've worked mostly dams, highways and sub devision. Not much excavator, but lots of scraper, dozer, loader and grade setting.

welcome to the page!

diesel-pete
07-31-2009, 10:40
Welcome D Pete,

So what do you do with your tractor? Underground, demolition, or grading? Another operator just curious over here.

I've worked mostly dams, highways and sub devision. Not much excavator, but lots of scraper, dozer, loader and grade setting.

welcome to the page!

I'm mostly into construction of water and sewer mains.
Been on hire to the neighbour county for just ower 4years.
There have been some other jobs as well 95% is water and sewers for new developments.
Been operating excavators for 29years now.

I also have an old frontend loader,just for fun! :D
It's an trip down memory lane, started out in just such an loader on my summer leaves from school.
It's an 35000 pound Terex 72-51, with an sweet sounding 2 stroke Detroit Diesel.:D
So it's diesel during daytime as well as spare time! :)

Thank's, I think I will enjoy this site!

/Peter

diesel-pete
07-31-2009, 10:46
Howdy from oklahoma, always wanted to go there (Sweeden) can't drive there in my Dmax, so I guess i wont make it this year! people on the diesel page are very helpfull, talk to ya soon!

Sweden is an really beautiful conuntry.....from end of april to end of september!
In other words during spring,summer and the first part of the autumn! :)

I've been to the US 9 times since -01 but never to Oklahoma,yet.
Omaha Nebraska is as far west I have been soo far.
But I really like it over there!
Wont be going this year....sadly....part of that is my truck's fault or rather an mechanic who should have overhauled my engine......he got payed for it but didnt do it!!! :(

But next year I will be back, then to Rhode Island.

Talk soon! :)

/Peter

NutNbutGMC
07-31-2009, 17:03
Hi guy's,
I joined this site recently.
Abit of my self, I'm 48 years young excavator operator from Stockholm, Sweden.
Have visited the US "acouple"of times........9 times since -01 to be correct.
My ride is an -98 Chevy K2500 6,5l(wich soon will be an 6,2 with 6,5 heads from Diesel Depot)
Havent done to much to it,Heath Diesel HP4 ECM,marine injectors,4 inch exhaust and an new airfilter.
Well.....if You wanna know something else just ask,my english isnt that good so just bare with me! :D
Will post an pic of my ride sometime.
As my pic files seems to be to large. :(
Sorry guy's!

Peter
Welcome aboard.

diesel-pete
08-01-2009, 06:41
Here it is! :)

a5150nut
08-01-2009, 07:14
Nice ruck. Now, whats that behind it??

diesel-pete
08-01-2009, 07:40
Nice ruck. Now, whats that behind it??
Its an "replica" of an old gas station that my friend have built.
Thought it was an nice background for my newly washed and waxed truck! :)
And the car is an hmmmm....dont remember ......-52 or 53 Chevy

Peter

NutNbutGMC
08-01-2009, 14:08
Nice looking machine DP. Thanks for the pics.

dr.olds
08-06-2009, 17:01
hey D-P, nice rig, are the badges on the truck in english or sweedish? would be pretty cool to have sweedish Duramax on my doors and fenders here in Oklahoma!:cool:

diesel-pete
08-07-2009, 07:17
hey D-P, nice rig, are the badges on the truck in english or sweedish? would be pretty cool to have sweedish Duramax on my doors and fenders here in Oklahoma!:cool:

The only thing I have put on is them 6.5l badges but them I ordered from the US.
Everything else was there when I bought it.
Dont think there is any difference in the badges, my truck was built in the US and then sold new to an buyer in Germany then imported to Sweden by an used car company wich I bought it from.

Peter

suburbanK-2500HD
08-31-2009, 22:59
Welcome to you from Norway.

Clean truck

keep on trucking

diesel-pete
09-01-2009, 10:36
Welcome to you from Norway.

Clean truck

keep on trucking

Thanks!
Where in Norway do You live?
I now live in Stockholm but I was born just about 200km from the Norwegian border.

/Peter

suburbanK-2500HD
09-15-2009, 11:33
Thanks!
Where in Norway do You live?
I now live in Stockholm but I was born just about 200km from the Norwegian border.

/Peter

Hi

i live in Tromsø in northern norway.

I was on vacation in Stockholm last year, stayed for a week. My first visit there. Nice place, a lot bigger then Tromsø.
Have you heard about Enghs motors in sweden, they have some good stuff for these trucks.

se ya

diesel-pete
10-18-2009, 11:45
Hi

i live in Tromsø in northern norway.

I was on vacation in Stockholm last year, stayed for a week. My first visit there. Nice place, a lot bigger then Tromsø.
Have you heard about Enghs motors in sweden, they have some good stuff for these trucks.

se ya
Hi there,
Glad to hear that You liked Stockholm! :)
It's many years since I visited Norway last.
Yes I have heard about Enghs Motor.
I have an new engine comming from the US, from an company in Georgia.
6,2l block with 6,5 heads all balanced and weight adjusted ceramic coated pistons.
I sure hope it will be a smooth runner for many years.

Talk soon, Peter

SwedeBurb
10-18-2009, 12:59
I've heard about Enghs Motor too ;)

/Stefan

diesel-pete
10-19-2009, 10:56
I've heard about Enghs Motor too ;)

/Stefan
:)
Hmmmm wonder why! :)

Peter