PDA

View Full Version : Best injectors?

JD4755
07-31-2009, 17:24
I'm going to replace the injectors in my pickup, and was wondering what everyones opinion was the best place to get them. I'm looking at ssdiesel's 25+hp economy injectors, any other thoughts would be appreciated.

JohnC
08-01-2009, 09:24
Injectors alone cannot appreciably increase horse power. It is the injection pump that determines the amount of fuel injected.

rogers
08-01-2009, 11:57
I would also be surprised if the injectors do what they claim. Fuel economy in these engines is largely determined by the precup size, and velocity of fuel/air swirl. Also, as I see it, it is difficult to add power while subtracting fuel. A good marine injector will almost always yield better fuel mileage, more or less depending on what it replaces. If you want an opinion; go with a stock injector or a marine injector from a reputable source. If price is the motivator, many have found success with Herzog brand injectors on ebay for about $220.

MRBACHAND
08-02-2009, 17:43
I'm going to replace the injectors in my pickup, and was wondering what everyones opinion was the best place to get them. I'm looking at ssdiesel's 25+hp economy injectors, any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Seems you get what you pay for with injectors. TOo many horror stories with cheapies and difficult customer care places (SSD). I'd spend the coin and get them from Heath. One job you don't want to deal with chasing down bad injectors when there are 8 of them. (and 4 of them being very hard to access)

93GMCSierra
08-02-2009, 20:34
just got marine 40 hp injectors from Pensacola for $229 thought that was a decent price.
Got new FSD with remote mount kit, new glow plugs, timing chain set, and water pump too. And a previously used injection pump that is newer and should work very well. All of these parts totaled out less then $600.
This truck really needed them too. I think the PMD in it has given up, and the timing chain could almost touch in the middle, wow that was loose, I got most of the new parts in and just adding some new gauges at the same time. should be nice when its finished.

Sorry to add so much to this thread.:cool::p