PDA

View Full Version : In cabin air filter in Duramax???

DMAX63
08-02-2009, 21:36
I have a 2003 Dmax, Crewcab, SLT with front bucket seats. I was wondering if these trucks have in cabin air filters? I have looked all over on both the passenger and drivers side under the dash and I can't seem to find it. I am begining to think there isn't a filter or it is buried in front of my center console. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

DMAX63

Duramaster
08-02-2009, 22:14
Yeah, I don't know why they discontinued them. They were discontinued in 2003. It's too bad too. If you only saw the debris that they actually filtered out of the cabin. YUCK!!! See attached bulletin................................

#PIT3330D: Passenger Compartment Air Filter - (Nov 25, 2008)

Subject: Passenger Compartment Air Filter

Models: 2003-2009 Cadillac Escalade Models

2003-2009 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Silverado Classic, Suburban, Tahoe

2003-2009 GMC Sierra, Sierra Classic, Yukon, Yukon Denali, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali XL

2003-2009 Hummer H2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This PI was superseded to update model years. Please discard PIT3330C.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
A customer may inquire about the availability of the passenger compartment air filter.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Starting in the 2003 model year, the passenger compartment air filter is no longer available as a factory option. With the redesigned HVAC case, the opening for the filter cavity no longer exists.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

mattb5150
08-02-2009, 22:20
I have them in my 2003, I installed them my self with a kit that should still be available. Try doing a search on cabin filters. Also installed them in my wifes 2005 Suburban. The cavity is still present you just need to cut an opening, insert the elements and attach a door. I try to keep my AC on recirculate regardless., especially when off road in dusty conditions.

Matt

Duramaster
08-03-2009, 06:23
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Where did you get the kit Mat? :confused: