PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Cooling

spoolinstyle
08-06-2009, 12:47
Hi everybody, long time lurker first time poster here.

After getting sucked into the mod bug with my truck (which I swore I wouldn't), I have decided it is time to upgrade my cooling system. I had a Mishimoto Radiator back when I had my Lightning and it was a great piece. I e-mailed them to see if they were looking into developing anything for the diesel truck market, and they said they are looking for trucks in the West Chester, Pa and Orange County, Ca areas for research and development. I think their products with their lifetime warranty would be great to have for our trucks, and they will give a free radiator to anyone in the area who can lend their truck for a few days for testing. They have already started on the F250 apparently, so we need to catch up.

If you're interested, e-mail andrew@mishimoto.com. Hopefully we can get some more support for the 6600 :)

Best,
Robert

More Power
08-06-2009, 13:59
Welcome to the board!

The LLY equipped trucks are among those most often experiencing engine temperature problems - and even then, not all of them have problems.

For the LLY, you can upgrade to the factory 2006-07 LBZ radiator (taller-thicker), LBZ fan (from 19" to 23") and LBZ fan-shroud to fit the larger radiator and fan. For more money, you can also install the larger LBZ intercooler and related hoses/pipes. ;)

Jim

denverdale
08-06-2009, 17:43
how does the LBZ components compare to the LB7 components?

DenverDale

spoolinstyle
08-07-2009, 11:43
Welcome to the board!

The LLY equipped trucks are among those most often experiencing engine temperature problems - and even then, not all of them have problems.

For the LLY, you can upgrade to the factory 2006-07 LBZ radiator (taller-thicker), LBZ fan (from 19" to 23") and LBZ fan-shroud to fit the larger radiator and fan. For more money, you can also install the larger LBZ intercooler and related hoses/pipes. ;)

Jim

Thanks for the warm welcome Jim. I will look into those options, I am also a bit curious to see how the aftermarket could handle things. Maybe someone will jump on that radiator offer.

I'm assuming the LBZ stuff would bolt in without much modification?