PDA

View Full Version : August Updates!

More Power
08-15-2009, 16:17
In-Cab Passenger Compartment Air Filter Replacement
Adding Air Flow Performance - Inside the Cab!
1999-2002 GM Full-Size Pickup Trucks
Has the cooling efficiency of your truck's air conditioning system gone down hill in recent years? Does the inside of your truck smell like wet socks when it's damp outside? If so, maybe you need to replace the in-cab "Passenger Compartment Air Filter". One of the least talked about routine maintenance items is the passenger compartment air filter. Factory installed in the 1999-2002 GM full-size pickups, the in-cab air filter(s) was designed to trap dust, pollen, and other debris that might enter through the vehicle's fresh air vent system. In addition to making the in-cab environment a more pleasant place to spend time, filtering the air also helps to keep the A/C evaporator core and heater core functioning normally. We'll show you with large and clear photos how to easily replace the in-cab air filter. Now available to subscribers in the Member's Area (http://www.thedieselpage.com/password.htm).

TPS/DS-DB Conversion Info
Reprinted from The Diesel Page - February 2001
This tech page first appeared here in The Diesel Page in February of 2001. After analyzing the various wiring diagrams and theory of operation for both the 1991-1993 DB2-equipped 6.5 trucks and comparing that information to the 1994+ 6.5TD equipped trucks, an idea was born that I thought might help those truck owners who wished to convert their DS electronic trucks to use a DB2 mechanical fuel injection pump. We knew going in that maintaining shift quality for the 4L80-E would be the biggest challenge following a mechanical fuel injection conversion. This tech page is being re-printed here to show what we did more than 8 years ago, and perhaps spur additional thought. In addition, new and expanded information has been added that outlines what alternatives are available for 4L80-E control. Now available to subscribers in the Member's Area (http://www.thedieselpage.com/password.htm).

85-m1028
08-15-2009, 20:09
I will doing a conversion using the HMMWV A2 trans controller. This works with the DB2 TPS. I already have a connector for the mil spec box. I just need to make the harness and get the other inputs wired in.

DB2 TPS
Crank position sensor
tiss /toss

Am I missing anything??

The E prom chips can be swapped out to suit a turbo app.

If this works I will have been a cheaper way to go than an aftermaket controller..

More Power
08-16-2009, 19:27
I believe the HMMVW uses a mil-spec 4L80-E. I saw a bunch of them at AMG's Mishawaka plant in 2006 - on the assembly line being built into new HMMWVs. I don't know much else about them - such as torque converter, programming, or any internal mods. Sure, if the HMMWV controller & harness can work for an on-road application, it might be a cost-effective approach once enough of them become available on the salvage market. :)

Jim