PDA

View Full Version : aggrevation dirty DPF messages

02bymorris
09-11-2009, 07:19
Would like to hear if others get the "clean exhaust filter" message a lot. Practically every trip I take, after some driving on the interstate the message appears after a pit stop. What is strange is, if the cure is to drive over 30 mph continuously til it clears, how does it get dirty while driving 70 plus mph for several hours non stop?
08 2500HD LTZ

More Power
09-17-2009, 13:05
What does the dealer service manager say about this? It may be an out of tolerance sensor or calibration issue.

Have you added any peformance products to your truck?

Jim

Runaway_Dmax
09-21-2009, 19:42
I pull a 28' 5ver and when not pulling that I pull a Ranger 619 all hwy mileage and with 30K on the clock I haven't had a clean DPF filter message. I would agree with More Power and have it scanned by dealer, unless you are running a power adder which will soot up the DPF more often.

Kennedy
09-24-2009, 07:19
Fuel quality and idle time are big factors here.

Many end up going to a "test" pipe and off road programming. Can't say that is legal though, but it works...

Duramaster
09-25-2009, 06:29
I think (do not quote me on this) but I believe that there is some updated software for DPF messages. I have not seen any complaints for this. It just sounds familiar.

Kennedy
09-25-2009, 08:41
Yes there are software updates concerning regen frequency. I have seen them listed when loading ECM's. I don't think that there is a monumental benefit though.

richp
09-25-2009, 12:40
Hi,

I have 16 k miles on my '09 K2500, and have yet to see any indication that it is regenerating. I know it must be, but I haven't seen any of the indications some folks have talked about -- higher pyro temps, dramatic drop in fuel economy, change in sound or performance level, message on the dash display.

I can figure when I'm towing that the exhaust temps are high enough to keep the DPF cleaned out. But even when I'm not towing, I see nothing to indicate it's going on. Color me puzzled, but not displeased.....

FWIW.

SDakDmax
09-30-2009, 19:21
My work truck (the one my company bought, not me) is a F550. the "cleaning filter" message comes on about every 40 to 50 miles. That is if I'm on the road, more if I let it idle. when cleaning the boost drops way back. i have been averaging 6.6 mpg. I know I'm a GMC guy but,,, the front end on these trucks are junk.. we have quite a few of these and everyone of them are trouble. tires wear out quickly, and are very expensive, 19.5 " anyway, the F---'s regenerate a lot. Mine does anyway..