PDA

View Full Version : Army Manual on 6.5L

jerry598
09-15-2009, 06:46
Found an online U.S. Army manual in pdf format for the 6.2-6.5 GM diesels. Even includes detailed instructions on disassembly and repair of the fuel injection pump. Extremely good pictures of all parts and disassembly, etc. Here's the link for the download.

http://www.skylab.org/~zetan/van/9-2815-237-34.pdf

56pan
09-17-2009, 06:31
Great source of information. Thanks, Jerry.

jerry598
09-17-2009, 13:21
Would this be worth posting as a sticky in the 6.2-6.5 tech section? I have not explored the website that posted this manual. So, who knows, it may be gone tomorrow.

Keep in mind, although it appears to be an excellent tech manual, I don't think its a replacement for the Diesel Page T&R Manual, or for the assembly and rebuild tips that are posted by Robyn and others. There are lots of very important, small procedural details that can be overlooked in any tech manual. A tech manual cannot replace actual 'hands-on' experience and the help that the TDP experts can provide.

Robyn
09-17-2009, 15:52
We need be careful of copyrights here.

Dmax Maverick may want to snoop this out to be sure that if we post it that there are no conflicts or issues.

Robyn

DmaxMaverick
09-17-2009, 19:02
We need be careful of copyrights here.

Dmax Maverick may want to snoop this out to be sure that if we post it that there are no conflicts or issues.

Robyn

Already checked it out. In fact, I've had the same copy for years. It's a Mil-Spec manual, so we already own the copyright (we, as in the taxpayers). It isn't a classified document, so no problem spreading it around.

trbankii
09-18-2009, 06:23
I see those come up on eBay every now and then - either on disk or printed. Guess that technically they are charging for the disk or printing, but I was always amused that they were selling something that was public property in the first place.